Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Blog #2

Caveats: The blogging sucked and the much ballyhooed "video" was totally fucked up by yours truly. Sorry, mea culpa! I'll be better next time. -Brian


Blue Shampoo

And we're back! Back for the second time, for some reason T.B.R. (“The Bryan Room,” if you will) was gracious enough to not fire me after last time's uh, interesting interpretation of the comedy that appeared on stage. Tonight, I've got a digital video camera and I'll be employing it for some official documentation. On stage right now we've got Blue Shampoo and we'll they need to clean up their act, get it? Huh, just got done videotaping for the first time and, well, I think it's gonna work pretty well. Tested out the zoom feature and yes, this digital video cam zooms in and zooms out. Oh, technology, will you ever cease to amaze me? Speaking of technology the Goodbar still doesn't have wifi so, I'll be stopping by a bar with wireless on my way home. Yeah, liveblogging isn't live, much like freedom isn't free.

Watching Blue Shampoo right now, it's a lot like watching a second baseman shagging balls, what? I don't really know what any of that last sentence means, but still, “cardinal desires?” Who in the Fuck is Freddy, how is this comedy? Again? The ingredients are here and the recipe just isn't working...

For the second time in as many liveblogs I'm missing some really awesome NBA action while doing liveblogging and Jesus! I'm out of beer and the sonofabitch bartenders won't notice my empty glass for the life of me. This afternoon I went on a date with a 31 year old who gave me her digits while I was working at the bar on Saturday night. I didn't realize she was 31 until halfway through the date today and her birthday is May 25. My birthday is next Tuesday and I'll be dining at Schwa. Also, a Bill Buckner joke? Listen, people don't give a shit about old Red Sox players except for old Red Sox fans like that jackhole Bill Simmons. I'm gonna go get another beer...

FrankenReagan:

And we're back, back with a new refilled beer. FrankenReagan doing some okay stuff on stage with one guy doing a very interesting interpretation of “Doug” Michael Showalter's old character from The State. FrankenReagan are talking about quizbowl vs football and how most of the team is shorter than the quizbowl character. “Pick a number.” “Three.” “I'll take 200.” Oh, Jesus! I can't believe that in fucking Lincoln Park I can't steal one goddamm wireless signal. How I yearn to know what the scores are. On my date today with the 31 year old we left with a hug and her saying, “I'm gonna visit you at work...” God, what a line! do people really like it when friends/sexual interests visit you at work?


Champagne Winners!


The champagne winners for tonight, btw: are Paul and his lady friend, Megan, whose name I cannot recall at the moment. Fret not! I shall learn her name posthaste. When we opened the bottle of bubbly a lot of the sparkling white spilled on the floor. Sorry, mea culpa. Champagne really not treating my stomach too well at this point. Very harsh, very acidic. It's not champagne either, this is definitely an amerikan sparkling white.

The Bryan Room:

Talking some retail jokes. Makin with the haha, I once worked retail and tried to sell computers to a guy. Erik from Bryan Room is doing a real good job of being a fussy charlie when it comes to buying merchandise for himself.

Paul and Megan are lovely champagne winners had a really rough time with dinner tonight, where it seemed like the waitstaff really fucked up their order. Megan ordered a turkey burger and they gave her an absolutely disgusting appearing turkery sandwich Fortunately, the courteous bartenders gave Megan and Paul a free shot. I didn't get a free shot-or any shot-but still! Nice work, Goodbar.

“All my decisions I hate them.”

Ohhghhh, really hoping that the next time I buy an appliance the movers don't put it in front of the only window in my apartment. So, TBR is going on some kind of a whirlwind comedy show, we've had interns being ridiculed, persian rug/appliance delivery men, retail guys & customer... I'm forgetting some stuff but still it's been fun. Up next we've got those funny guys Nick and Jamie who ALSO! have a debut performance at the Balliwick Theatre on Friday. Does anybody else really have a problem with how Chicagoans pronounce the word, “chicago??” Simply can't stand the enunciation.

Batch 285

Jamie, Nick, Nick all making funny. Tonight the subject is forest fires and the boys are just letting the bitch burn! Four firefighters discussing how their lovers handle the dynamics of dating firefighters who want to be black knights. Five years from now? Killing the pope. Did I get the job? Hey, you know what's funny? Your kid having AIDS after acquiring it from the dentist. Yeah, so my friends are hosting a birthday bbq for me on Saturday and I'm pretty sure that I'm gonna bring some pot brownies to the whole shebang and not tell anyone. “Yeah, I made some guacamole, some brownies and I brought a 12 pack of a microbrew!” No one's the wiser...

No comments: